Fish oil is found in oily fish, such as salmon, herring, mackerel, sardines or anchovies. It’s naturally rich in omega 3 fatty acids including EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), which are important for many aspects of health. Our bodies can't produce omega 3 by themselves, so we need to get it by eating certain foods or taking a supplement.
You may be asking yourself, why do I need to take fish oil? Well it offers a wide range of health benefits;
* It supports the development of the brain, eyes and nerves, and may help verbal learning and memory in some children.
* Supports normal growth and cell function, and the maintenance of general health and wellbeing.
* Helps brain health and supports memory and concentration.
* Maintains the flexibility of blood vessels to promote healthy blood flow.
* Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels in healthy people.
* Helps lower triglyceride levels within the normal range in healthy individuals.
* May help to support normal blood pressure.
* Helps maintain joint health, great for aches and pains.
* Great for skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and dry eyes.
The suggested daily amount of omega 3 is 610mg for men and 430mg for women,which can be met by consuming two to three portions of oily fish each week, or by taking a supplement. We recommend Paradox fish oils, their capsules are dissolved in oil for good absorption, and they contain high levels of Omega 3, Vitamin D (also to aid absorption), EPA & DHA, at £9.99 for a months supply. It is a local product designed in the University of Ulster in Belfast! We have had excellent customer feedback on this product! Call in or buy online at Goodness Health!